Losing time zone and server settings
Jay Hauben
2005-02-02 15:35:44 UTC

We have MeetingMaker 7.3.0(36). I have a user who reported that for
the last few days when she opens her MeetingMaker client she must
reselect "Time Zone" and server. Any ideas why one of 80 users is
suddenly having this problem? Any suggested solutions?

On the server side MeetingMaker Server is on a Windows 2000 Advanced
Server.

Thanks.

Jay

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Steven Kane
2005-02-02 20:38:44 UTC
Jay,

Maybe try and empty the cache folder? Don't know if your client is Windows,
but if so, the default location would be "C:\Program
Files\meetingmaker\MMCLNT32". I believe it is in the Preferences folder on
Mac OS X if that is your client. Anything in that folder could be emptied.
You would lose preferences, but it doesn't sound like they are working very
well anyway. This generally clears up any unexplained weirdness for me.
Just make sure they haven't been working offline as those changes would be
lost.

Steve

Steven Kane
Windows Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services
Swarthmore College
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore, PA 19081
Phone: (610) 690-5755
Fax: (610) 690-2066
e-mail: ***@swarthmore.edu

Stephen Treger
2005-02-02 21:23:55 UTC
Jay,
We have one user (our Director of course) whose workstation decided to
exhibit the same behavior suddenly.
Windows XP SP2, running McAfee v8.x and nothing else special. Suddenly she
could not log onto server. Tech set server and timezone only for it to go
away next day again. We deleted the everything within MMCLINT32, she was
okay for about 9 days then it happened again.

So far it has stuck, but we don't know why either.
Btw, this is with the 7.5.0 client