MM 8.5.1
Gary Newman
2005-04-26 15:57:20 UTC
MM Tech support indicated they had an email from their development team
expecting to have the 8.5.1 released by 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time today.
They expected an 8.5.2 release, fixing additional problems, in a few months
(subject to change).

Gary Newman
University of Alaska Fairbanks

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:15:14 -0400
From: Jeff Hardy <***@POTSDAM.EDU>
Subject: 8.5.1 is "out"

FYI: MM sales is saying that MM 8.5.1 is out, and while there is no mention
of it on their website anywhere, a colleague of mine stumbled across the
files on their FTP site (the subdirectory is v851).

Which brings me to a question: if an auto-upgrade has been started pushing
out the 8.5.0 client, what happens if you cancel out that upgrade and start
pushing out the 8.5.1 client? Are the files overwritten or does this create
a huge mess? I have heard that in the past this was not a good idea.

Gary Newman
2005-04-26 18:58:44 UTC
Just to clarify (based upon current information), this is a CLIENT release
only. This wasn't very clear to me in earlier conversations with MM Tech
Support.

http://connect.meetingmaker.com/support/kbase/view.cfm?id=2962

John S. Bellendir
2005-04-26 19:15:40 UTC
There are 8.51 versions of the Native client (Win/OSX), HTML Calendar and
MMCO Servlet. I plan to upgrade my environment this weekend from 7.53 to
8.50 Server, 8.51 HTML server and 8.51 MMCO Servlet. Plus deploy the 8.51
client via GPO to all the users.

Fun time!

John S. Bellendir
CD\CSS\CSI Fermilab
MS 234 630.840.8535

Luisa Hawkins
2005-04-28 16:00:23 UTC
Version 8.5 using the outlook synchronization. So far it is working great.
There are some issues with reoccurring meetings. Meeting maker doesn't like
syncing with outlook created reoccurring meetings. If I use Meeting maker
client to create the meetings then it does seem to sync to outlook. Does
somebody knows how to fix this issue?
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 8:11 PM
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:15:14 -0400
FYI: MM sales is saying that MM 8.5.1 is out, and while there is no mention
of it on their website anywhere, a colleague of mine stumbled across the
files on their FTP site (the subdirectory is v851).
Which brings me to a question: if an auto-upgrade has been started pushing
out the 8.5.0 client, what happens if you cancel out that upgrade and start
pushing out the 8.5.1 client? Are the files overwritten or does this create
a huge mess? I have heard that in the past this was not a good idea.
* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Luisa F. Hawkins
California State University, San Bernardino
IRT Support & Data Center Services - PL-016
Analyst/Programmer
Phone: (909)880-7453
Fax: (909)880-7215
email: ***@csusb.edu

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Christian Müller
2005-04-28 16:56:37 UTC

we have exactly the same problem, no fix yet.
Asked MeetingMaker support about it, no answer.

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Christian Mueller

Cronon AG
STRATO Rechenzentrum AG