Anyone with experience: 7.5 Server on Mac OS X
Duncan Keefe
2005-04-20 17:47:58 UTC
Hi all,

Looking for anyone with experience on hosting MM 7.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.

Anyone who's running in this configuration, preferably with multiple servers, and at least 500 users.
I'll be happy to call you on our dime if you can spare five minutes to answer a few questions about
stability.

(I just joined the list now; please forgive me if this is one of those newbie questions.)

Regards,

Duncan Keefe
Manager, Enterprise Technology Services
Apple

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Everett Littles
2005-04-20 17:57:01 UTC
Duncan,

Give me a call sometime and I'll help you with what I can. I run
server 7.5.3 on 10.3 Server

Everett Littles
Computer Resource Spec I
Design Services, UC Davis
(530) 754-7124
Jose Luis Paredes
2005-04-20 20:49:42 UTC
Fell free to call me as well. I have been running 7.5 on 4 XServes - 7
logicals servers and a hub. I will be happy to help.
Post by Duncan Keefe
Hi all,
Looking for anyone with experience on hosting MM 7.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.
Anyone who's running in this configuration, preferably with multiple
servers, and at least 500 users.
I'll be happy to call you on our dime if you can spare five minutes to
answer a few questions about
stability.
(I just joined the list now; please forgive me if this is one of those newbie questions.)
Regards,
Duncan Keefe
Manager, Enterprise Technology Services
Apple
http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
"It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly
searching not just for answers to our questions but for new questions."
Benjamin Sisko

Jose Luis Paredes
System Programmer I
Email and Calendar Services
Yale University
Office: (203) 432.6668
http://defiant.its.yale.edu

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Ian Eiloart
2005-04-21 10:10:46 UTC
Post by Duncan Keefe
Hi all,
Looking for anyone with experience on hosting MM 7.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.
Anyone who's running in this configuration, preferably with multiple
servers, and at least 500 users. I'll be happy to call you on our dime if
you can spare five minutes to answer a few questions about stability.
(I just joined the list now; please forgive me if this is one of those newbie questions.)
We did, until last week, run MM7.5.3 on a single XServe. We've just
upgraded to 8.5

We had, and still have, 9 logical servers and a hub, and 500 registered
users. Only 40% were active users though. We had no performance problems -
typical CPU load was 2% meetingmaker. No particular stability problems:
MMRx far too often reported repairs required, but that seems to be normal.
--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML