error synchronizing
Mike Miller
2007-02-27 20:50:27 UTC
Any idea why this would happen all of a sudden after several years without
errors? I have it set to "Desktop overwrites handheld."

Synchronizing meetingmaker DateBook, version 7.5.0f12
ERROR meetingmaker DateBook: error code 0x47
Error: record table failure on index. The index appears to be outside of the bounds of the table.
An error has occurred while performing a HotSync with meetingmaker.

Mike
--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
James Grubic
2007-02-28 16:24:14 UTC
The first thing I would do is take the MeetingMaker server down for a
few minutes and run the MMRx utility to repair errors. We got burned on
this last year. We now run MMRx once a month.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then wipe out the database on the
Palm. There is a utility called DBClean which will do this (specify the
Calendar DB). Once wiped, create a new test entry so that the database
is recreated.

James
Mike Miller
2007-02-28 19:16:58 UTC
Post by James Grubic
The first thing I would do is take the MeetingMaker server down for a
few minutes and run the MMRx utility to repair errors. We got burned on
this last year. We now run MMRx once a month.
I would have to rely on someone else for that. I'm not sure if they are
already doing it regularly or if they never do it. They didn't get back
to me right away, so I did this...
Post by James Grubic
If that doesn't resolve the issue, then wipe out the database on the
Palm. There is a utility called DBClean which will do this (specify the
Calendar DB). Once wiped, create a new test entry so that the database
is recreated.
Instead of using a utility, I just synched my device, deleted everything
from it (hard reboot), created a single calendar entry, synched again to
reload everything, and the calendar is now synched with Meeting Maker
again.

So thanks! It seems to have worked.

Who knows why this happens. I guess it is caused by the device, but I'm
not sure of that either.

Best,

Mike

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML