Pocket PC sync to 8.5?
Thomas Betz
2005-02-11 21:26:03 UTC
We're still running 6.07 here; until version 8's HTML client came along,
we saw no purpose in breaking what works. The HTML client offers me a
chance to smooth the upgrade transition without having to mess around
with Java, which is good.

However, I see that 8.5 only supports Palm synchronization. Whatever
happened to Pocket PC support? Some folks here would prefer to use one.

Thanks.
--
Tom Betz, System Administrator
Greyston Foundation

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Christian Müller
2005-02-11 22:02:36 UTC
The Poket PC support is now part of intellisync, which must be purchased seperatly.

We recently updated from 6.07 to 8.5

2 issues:

- 8.5 does NOT import 6.07 exported database! Workaround is to import the 6.x export into a 7.1 version (demo is okay) and then export it again, and then import it to 8.5

- intellisync is at least for us VERY slow and has also problems in supporting ongoing shedules such as birthdays or holidays. Sometimes they are taken over, sometimes not. No solution for that yet.

Frankly: The HTML Interface is nice and quite fast, other then that we are not that much impressed with the progress the software has taken since 6.07.

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Christian Mueller

Cronon AG
STRATO Rechenzentrum AG

Berlin
Jack Newton

Jack Newton
2005-02-15 18:41:44 UTC
You might improive the speed of your sync with Intellisync if you increase the memory to your Tomcat installation. The Tomcat server does all the work so the processing power/memory/bandwisdth available to this server is important.

"ongoing shedules such as birthdays or holidays. Sometimes they are taken over,
sometimes not. No solution for that yet. "

MM 8.5 has repeating banners that did not exist in previous versions before 8. So repeating birthdays etc work fine.

Jack

Christian Müller
2005-02-15 19:11:04 UTC

will check the tomcat tip. thx.

In the menatime we figured out what the problem with the bithdays is.
We are in this case talking about birthsdays (and other recurrent appointments) which are sceduled in outlook and which intellisync shall put into MeetingMaker. That seems to work, if the birthday starts AFTER 1990. It seems that MeetingMaker cannot handle repeating scedules, if the first occurence is before 1990.... which is true for birthdays often and for other stuff sometimes. Of course its no problem to sort of cut off the older events, but it must be done by hand.

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Christian Mueller

Cronon AG
STRATO Rechenzentrum AG