Peoplecube has better news for wired Palm customers now...
Steve Maser
2007-02-01 17:41:47 UTC
From http://connect.peoplecube.com/support/kbase/view.cfm?id=3699

To Our Meeting Maker Customers,

We would like to thank the many of you who provided feedback
regarding the recent release of Meeting Maker 8.6 - specifically the
Meeting Maker Palm conduits and your reliance on them to support your
wired Palm devices. While we currently provide wireless calendar and
email access through the NotifyLink for Meeting Maker solution, we
recognize that some of you still utilize your wired Palm devices as
the primary means for accessing your calendar remotely.

As part of our ongoing commitment to our customers and as a result of
this input, we are pleased to announce that we will once again offer
the Palm conduits in a release scheduled for Q2 of 2007. We hope this
release will help many of you transition from a wired to wireless
device should you choose to do so. Further, it provides calendar
access flexibility - those who want Blackberry and wireless support
can choose the NotifyLink solution while those who need support for
older wired Palm devices can utilize the Palm conduits in this new
release.

In addition, we also plan to offer a Universal Mac Meeting Maker
client release in Q2 of this year that will enable users to access
Meeting Maker from their Mac/Intel-based computer. We also expect to
issue another release of Meeting Maker towards the end of this year.

We will continue to provide our Meeting Maker customers with updates
on this new Palm conduit and other future releases through our
electronic newsletter eNews and the PeopleCube Online Support Portal.
If you would like to sign up to receive eNews, send an email to
***@peoplecube.com and add "Subscribe" in the subject line.

If you have any further questions about this new Palm utility,
contact PeopleCube Customer Support at ***@peoplecube.com. To
learn more about NotifyLink for Meeting Maker, visit the Notify
Technology Corporation website at www.notifycorp.com.
--
Steve Maser (***@umich.edu) | Thinking is man's only basic virtue,
Desktop Support Manager | from which all the others proceed.

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Cynthia
2007-02-01 20:56:00 UTC
That is terrific news! All I can say is phew. Thanks for letting us know.

Cynthia MacDonald
Michigan Tech University

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Chris Colebank
2007-02-01 21:17:55 UTC
Will people who are already using 8.6 when the new version(s) that
support wired Palm clients be able to just use the new client or will
that upgrade require another en mass server/all clients upgrade?

Chris
Post by Steve Maser
From http://connect.peoplecube.com/support/kbase/view.cfm?id=3699
*