MeetingMaker 7.5 requires Power User access?
Brad Barry
2007-05-10 15:13:31 UTC
Hello.

My workgroup uses MM 7.5 (and will migrate to some other vendor rather than upgrade to any offering from PeopleCube).

There is something that is a bit irksome.

It appears that users must have "Power User" or Administrator accounts to use the MM 7.5 client. Does anyone know of a way to work around this allowing normal "limited" user accounts to run the client? For instance, is there a particular registry key which can have its permissions changed to make this possible?

Thanks in advance.

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Merka Phoenix
2007-05-10 16:10:23 UTC
Hi Brad,

MeetingMaker doesn't require that the user run at any level higher
than normal "Restricted User". But it does require that the user have
read/write access to the directory (and subdirectories) where the
MeetingMaker program resides.

In my environment, I create a local group on the workstation "MMU"
and then add the users to this group. Then I grant the MMU local
group permission to read/write files in the MeetingMaker directory
(this folder, subfolder, and files) in the Program Files area.

MeetingMaker creates files in the Program
Files\meetingmaker\MMCLNT32\ folder for each user, and also updates a
few files in the Program Files\meetingmaker\ folder.

Cheers!

Merka Phoenix
IT Programmer/Analyst
College of Extended Studies