java version and proxies
Randy E. Phillips
2005-02-03 16:09:27 UTC
I have a customer who wants to be able to add/remove proxies via the
java (web) version of MM. Is this something that anyone is aware of
being an option for the upcoming version? Thanks in advance.

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Ian Eiloart
2005-02-04 09:12:35 UTC
--On February 3, 2005 11:09:27 -0500 "Randy E. Phillips"
I have a customer who wants to be able to add/remove proxies via the java
(web) version of MM. Is this something that anyone is aware of being an
option for the upcoming version? Thanks in advance.
http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
MeetingMaker 8.5 doesn't have a java version. It has a web based user
interface that doesn't use java. The interface is more fully featured - it
lets you add and remove proxies, for example.

The disadvantage is that it reloads the page every minute - in a way that
is distracting, and imposes rather a load on the web server.
--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Margaret A. Menzies
2005-02-07 18:05:47 UTC
Post by Randy E. Phillips
http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
MeetingMaker 8.5 doesn't have a java version. It has a web based user
interface that doesn't use java. The interface is more fully featured - it
lets you add and remove proxies, for example.
The disadvantage is that it reloads the page every minute - in a way that
is distracting, and imposes rather a load on the web server.
Actually, based on v8.5 beta feedback, we increased the default refresh time on the HTML client v8.5 final release to 5 minutes. In addition, we added a parameter so that individual users can set their own refresh rate. This was added as a preference in the General Preferences tab. The refresh rate affects reminders displayed in the HTML client, so you don't want to set it too high, but you can now adjust it to your liking.

I'm going to post this message to our Support Forum as well, as I'm sure some other users will benefit from this info. Our Support Forums are found in our Customer Support Center at http://connect.meetingmaker.com.

Margaret A. Menzies
VP Development
Meeting Maker, Inc

Meet our Development staff at the Solutions end user conference on May 23-27, 2005!
Learn more at: http://www.meetingmaker.com/solutions2005.cfm

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML