Solutions 2005
Ian Eiloart
2005-05-03 14:12:58 UTC

I'm attending the Solutions 2005 conference in Tucson later this month. I'm
arriving Sunday evening, and staying till Monday morning - chiefly because
a shorter say would have added about $2,000 to the flights.

I'm keen to contact others that might be arriving early, or staying on
beyond the end of the conference - with a view to hooking up to explore the
area together.

One thing I'd really like to do is visit the Biosphere II site, about 30
miles north of Tucson. It's open daily with guided tours.
<http://www.bio2.com/04_tour.html>
<http://www.bio2.com/images/gallery-destination/pages/bioaer2_jpg.htm>
--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
John Urish
2005-05-03 15:28:22 UTC
I won't be going, but here is some good stuff to do in Tucson -

Tucson area:
http://www.visittucson.org/
http://www.visittucson.org/DayTrips/index.cfm?action=Summary&DayTripID=2
http://www.tucsonaz.gov/visitor.html

Resturants:
http://www.google.com/local?q=trattoria+pina&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&near=Tucson,+AZ&radius=0&latlng=32221667,-110925833,4932867800371206243 -
Trattoria Pina - very nice Italian!

http://www.google.com/local?q=toma+el+charro&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=G&near=Tucson,+AZ&sc=1&radius=0&latlng=32221667,-110925833,13449850779316758654 -
Toma el Charro - Great Mexican food!

There was also an excellent Chinese Buffet. China Super Buffet.

Mt. Lemmon is a beautiful scenic drive. Allow at least half a day:
http://www.dotucson.com/visit.asp?qry=431
http://www.birdingamerica.com/Arizona/mtlemmon.htm
http://ethel.as.arizona.edu/astro_camp/lemmon.html

Desert Museum: !Highly Reccomended!
The cave is especialy delightful. Many animal exhibits in natural terrain.
Excellent tutorial material. Beautiful setting.
http://www.desertmuseum.org/
http://www.desertmuseum.org/visit/exhibits.html
http://www.desertmuseum.org/visit/exhibits_earthsciences.html
http://www.desertmuseum.org/visit/exhibits_catcanyon.html

Some hikes:
http://www.localhikes.com/HikeData.ASP?DispType=1&ActiveHike=0&GetHikesStateID=&ID=5129
http://www.localhikes.com/HikeData.ASP?DispType=0&ActiveHike=0&GetHikesStateID=&ID=4167
http://www.localhikes.com/HikeData.ASP?DispType=0&ActiveHike=0&GetHikesStateID=&ID=5230
http://www.localhikes.com/HikeData.asp?DispType=0&ActiveHike=5&GetHikesStateID=2&ID=5765
http://www.localhikes.com/HikeData.asp?DispType=0&ActiveHike=9&GetHikesStateID=2&ID=5771

If you have a car, Meteor Crater is worth a trip. Its about 3.5 hours each
way. The route through Flagstaff is very scenic.