Weirdness
Damon Palyka
2006-10-13 13:38:23 UTC
ok, heres the deal.

We have a user (who happens to be the dean) whos calender got really
really messed up.
His secretary proxys in and her account is showing additions and
deletions his isnt.
2 other secretaries are the same as her.
The web interface shows the "incorrect" version as do any other clients
who log in.

Theory:

at some point in time intellisync overwrote the serverside version of
his calendar, since the communication between client and server is only
changes, the client cache doesnt know better since there wasnt a comparison.

what do you think?

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Raoul Armfield
2006-10-13 13:51:07 UTC
Are you sure that the 3 assistants are connected to the server? I have
seen this when people are working in offline mode. However, it is odd
that three people see identical calendars. When one assistant makes a
change does it reflect in what the other two see?

Raoul
--
Raoul Armfield
rarmfield at amnh dot org

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Damon Palyka
2006-10-13 13:53:10 UTC
Yes, that is the first thing Ive checked.
another thing is that the 3 check his cal all the time the other two
checked it after a problem was noticed.