MMCO 8.5.3 issues
John Astleford
2006-09-22 16:18:29 UTC
We recently have begun installing the MMCO on a few client computers. On my
normal test computers everything went as expected and installed fine;
operation was also good. Other installs ensued on fellow department
computers and a few outside users. We have encountered numerous errors from
the installation to the operation of MMCO. Errors including being disabled
in Outlook, syncing errors (could not connect and no session), meeting
duplications, completely crashing Outlook at each launch, and overall system
performance issues.

Has anyone else tested or is using the MMCO and encountered the same errors?
Are there any solutions that have worked for your environment?

Also with the Office '07 on the horizon we already know that it is
incompatible in its current form, but any buzz as to a future release?

John Astleford

CTS Help Desk

Help Desk Consultant

412-396-1606

***@duq.edu

412-396-4357

1-888-355-8226

***@duq.edu

www.cts.duq.edu

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Mathew Shember
2006-09-22 16:32:28 UTC
Make sure you have all current patches on outlook 2003 for starters.

It will make some issues go away.

There is one issue where outlook will go to 100% all the time.

There is a new 8.5.4 connector but it blew up on our 2 test installs.
Erik Froese
2006-09-22 16:52:35 UTC
I had MMCO working well for a week. Then it stopped. I couldn't figure
out who it wasn't working. i could see it log into the servlet and the
servlet in turn communicating with the mm server, but no syncing.

The only way I could get it to work was to uninstall MMCO, Office
(2k3), and the servlets. Then reinstall them in reverse order.

Our upgrade plans are on hold until you all suffer through the 8.6 upgrade ;)

Erik
Mathew Shember
2006-09-22 17:08:24 UTC
8.6 *shudders*

We have to chase the upgrades as we keep hoping things will get fixed.
I lost all the HTML client people and the MMCO people are getting
pissed. I haven't even installed the LDAP module as I don't want to
introduce new problems.

Ahh well.
Rich Battin
2006-09-22 17:13:33 UTC
We have had bad experiences with MMCO and Intellisync for
Blackberries. We have already installed a Blackberry Exchange Server
and are moving away from Meeting Maker...

Rich
Post by John Astleford
Also with the Office '07 on the horizon we already know that it is
incompatible in its current form, but any buzz as to a future
release?
Post by John Astleford
John Astleford
CTS Help Desk
Help Desk Consultant
412-396-1606
412-396-4357
1-888-355-8226
www.cts.duq.edu
http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/
MMXP-TALK.HTML
* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-
TALK.HTML
* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-
TALK.HTML
***Mail Scanned by Barracuda***

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Mathew Shember
2006-09-22 17:25:02 UTC
We almost went to exchange since we were going to change out the mail
system(sendmail). We ended up with a mirapoint system. Really
nice. It has a calender system I am about to investigate.
Post by John Astleford
Also with the Office '07 on the horizon we already know that it is
incompatible in its current form, but any buzz as to a future
release?
Post by John Astleford
John Astleford
CTS Help Desk
Help Desk Consultant
412-396-1606
412-396-4357
1-888-355-8226
www.cts.duq.edu
Kathy Wright
2006-09-22 17:51:35 UTC
We've experienced many of the same problems you've mentioned with a limited
launch of MMCO 8.5.3 and tests of MMCO 8.5.4 particularly with users of
Blackberries and/or users who allow others to write to their Meeting Maker
calendars via a proxy.

PeopleCube has a few knowledgebase articles you may find helpful:
#3512 TOPIC: MMCO: Original event remains after external organizer modifies
an event
#3449 TOPIC: MMCO: Meeting appears doubled when you open a sent ics file
before Send the proposal
#2873 TOPIC:: Adding Memory to Tomcat

Additionally, you may need to force a re-synchronization to clear errors or
problems on an end-user computer.

After you have reset the memory in Tomcat, to get a complete resync, you
would quit Outlook delete all files and folders in C:\Documents and
Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Meeting Maker

If the users current Outlook data was not synced because of a lost
connection, you could export the user archived calendar in Outlook and
import it to the current calendar after it syncs. Also, please be sure you
wait until the entire sync process completes before attempting any calendar
usage. The first initial sync may take some time, larger known calendars
have been known to take over two hours on the initial sync. Subsequent syncs
are quick.

Hopet this helps.

Kathy Wright
Systems Integration
Clemson University
--
DCIT Systems Integration
57 Ravenel Center

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
John Astleford
2006-09-22 21:48:04 UTC
Well, at least we're not alone on this issue. I will check the articles out
but clearing the MM data on each client might be more trouble than its
worth, especially if it's needed for subsequent upgrades.

John Astleford

CTS Help Desk

Help Desk Consultant

412-396-1606

***@duq.edu

412-396-4357

1-888-355-8226

***@duq.edu

www.cts.duq.edu

_____

#3512 TOPIC: MMCO: Original event remains after external organizer modifies
an event
#3449 TOPIC: MMCO: Meeting appears doubled when you open a sent ics file
before Send the proposal
#2873 TOPIC:: Adding Memory to Tomcat

Mathew Shember

#3512 TOPIC: MMCO: Original event remains after external organizer
modifies an event
#3449 TOPIC: MMCO: Meeting appears doubled when you open a sent ics
file before Send the proposal
#2873 TOPIC:: Adding Memory to Tomcat
www.cts.duq.edu <http://www.cts.duq.edu>