Using MM 8.5 w/ Win2003 firewall?
Caroline Couture
2007-03-26 13:53:25 UTC
Hi Folks!

We are trying to run a firewall on the server that currently has MM 8.5
installed on it. The server is Windows Server 2003. I've looked at the tech note
#2200 and have modified the comparam.ini file on the server. I am also attached
to a hub which is being run on a windows server as well.

When I turn the firewall wall on I cannot access MM from any of my clients, all
windows xp, I can see my mm server from the mm admin console but cannot access it.

When the firewall is taken down all is well.

I'm missing something but I am not clear what.

When I spoke with the PeopleCube folks they pointed me to #2200 and told me I
did not have to modify the comparam.ini file on the clients just on the server.

Our local MM contact is out of the office so I thought I would ask here to make
sure I am not chasing a myth. Can I run MM with a firewall?

Thanks bunches!

Caroline
--
College House Computing
3702 Spruce St.

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist,
but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." -- G. K. Chesterton

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
John S. Bellendir
2007-03-26 14:54:16 UTC
You will need to open the ports that are in your Compram.ini file yes
(Server ports), but also TCP 417 and possibly UDP 417 if you are using auto
upgrade. Reference article #2449 in the MM Knowledge base.

John