Restore single calendar in 8.5?
Doug Baker
2005-03-18 15:09:02 UTC

We're currently running MM 7.3 on Windows. This summer we plan to move to
8.5. I'm wondering if 8.5 offers any method of restoring a single user's
calendar, or is it just like the old versions where it's restoring
all-or-none? Thanks,

Doug

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Margaret A. Menzies
2005-03-18 15:51:45 UTC
Hi Doug,

Meeting Maker Millennium v8.5 doesn't offer a user restore feature. But it will have a new Calendar Converter utility available this summer that will now import information from a native client text export into Meeting Maker. We'll be showing off this functionality along with how Meeting Maker goes wireless and our Meeting Maker-Web Event integration at our Solutions conference in May. We'd love to have you attend so we can speak with you one on one regarding your v8.5 upgrade this summer and your future Meeting Maker plans.

More information on Solutions can be found using the link below.

Regards,

Margaret

Margaret A. Menzies
VP Development
Meeting Maker, Inc

Meet our Development staff at the Solutions end user conference on May 23-27, 2005!
Learn more at: http://www.meetingmaker.com/solutions2005.cfm

John Anderson

Dirk Tepe
2005-03-20 01:54:20 UTC
"Good note"? Sorry, but I have to disagree. First, there are only two
lines that actually address the original question.

Second, it's the same answer we've been given for years. There is no
way to restore a deleted user.

Calendar Converter is a poor solution. It requires that you create a
new account and import the data (assuming you can find a good copy of
it). That means all meeting proposals and invitations are lost, as
well as proxy settings. Recurring events are a horrible problem as
well.

And why is the Calendar Converter for 8.5 not being released until this
summer? How long has 8.5 been out? Shouldn't something like that be
available upon release?

A "good note" would have explained why we haven't seen such a requested
feature actually implemented.

-dirk
Good note.