Version 8.5 and MMCO
Donald R Hammer
2005-06-06 15:46:03 UTC
We are in the testing phase of converting from 7.5 to version 8.5 and MMCO.

Our test platform are two Sun V240's with dual CPU's and 8GB of
memory. One server runs 4 databases and a hub, the other runs java5
and tomcat-5.5.7. Our databases are fairly large, about 300MB to 600MB, we
keep data going back about 2+ years.

The main complaint from our testers is that Outlook/MMCO is slow when you
first connect. Testers have also complained that it often takes a long
time to load the address book and retrieve guest's schedules after adding
them to a meeting in Outlook via the MMCO.

On the java/tomcat server I don't see a high usage of CPU or I/O.

Has anyone else notice this behavior. If so, has anyone figured out what
can be done to improve performance.

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Joe Martin
2005-06-21 15:21:28 UTC
I have installed various different versions of Meeting Maker over the years,
but today I encountered this problem for the first time.

Windows XP PC.
User is logged in as an administrator.
Setup runs through fine and completes OK.
However, on starting MM, a normal Windows error dialog box appears telling
me there was a problem and asking whether I want to contact Microsoft. The
information it supplies is not helpful.

I have even logged in as the Administrator, reinstalled and still got the
same problem.

Anyone encounter this before and have any suggestions. They are all
welcome.

Thanks in advance

Joe Martin
Computer Officer - Client Support