New Version - Conduits, DST
James Grubic
2007-02-13 22:57:31 UTC
Hello,

I am new to the list so I apologize for any rehashed topics.

We have been running MM 6.x and 7.1 server happily for years (minus one
corrupted database issue). We have a lot of Mac/Palm users including
myself who sync via the wired connection. Obviously, it would be nice to
sync wirelessly on occasion, but due to the extra cost involved with
transmitting data this is not favorable as a multiple-times-a-day method.

Reading the most recent KBA on continued wired Palm support, I hope that
they release a version soon (before the DST change) that supports Palm.
We have had requests for PocketPC syncing, but have never bought
Intellisync in the past because of the costs and have deflected people
to Palm whenever possible (also because we use almost all Macs here).

I am concerned about NotifyLink and would like to know what experiences
people are having with the product. At this time, all we want is
calendar/to-do/contact synchronization. The email sync is something we
might be interested in. I looked on their website for pricing info and
none exists, and to me that is unbelievable.

Questions:

1. Anyone else considering staying at version 7.x to avoid all of these
problems? Would we just need to change the date on the server on March 11?

2. How much does NotifyLink cost? Is it worth it?

Thanks for any feedback.

James

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML
Mathew Shember
2007-02-14 01:39:04 UTC
James,

Conduits as I am told is not until another release.

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

As to the NotifyLink, I have not heard my users complain about it. My
Boss did the testing and he likes it. He said the NotifyLink support
are good. He said he didn't get cue card readers from the several
calls he made.

Pricing. I don't think it's cheap. I don't know what we paid.

I don't know about 7.x. I made the horrendously painful leap to 8.x

In this case, we have to update due to the time skew that would happen
between our time zones.

* MMXP-TALK Web Page: http://WWW.LISTSERV.Emory.Edu/Archives/MMXP-TALK.HTML